Do you know about the wealth of available pest resources freely available to those looking to purchase a home? Not only is it easy to find a good termite / pest inspector, but you can check out complaint history and even SEE if a home has been treated for termites in the past!
Finding a Licensed Termite Inspector
- The WDIIR inspection form should have the inspector’s license number at the bottom of the form next to the signature, the first two numbers of the license represents the year that the inspector was licensed.
- Go to Office of Pest Management Pest Management Professional search (click here). You’ll be able to see what type of license the inspector has, how long the inspector has been with a company, and also if the inspector has completed CE hours.
Finding a Pest Control Business
- Go to Office of Pest Management Consumer Resources section to conduct a Licensee Search (click here).
- You can also go to Complaints History section to find out if there have ever been any complaints on a pest control company (click here).
The company information will tell you how long they have been licensed and what type of pest control they can perform and it will also give you a list of all licensed employees.
Find out if a house has been treated for termites
Check out the Termite Report Search (click here). Here you can enter as much or as little information and it will do a search for that property for the last ten years.
The report will tell you:
- All WDIIR inspections will be recorded within 30 days of the inspection completed.
- All properties treated with termites will be recorded. This report will display what type of treatment was done, what chemical was used and how many gallons were used.
- This report will also give you the pest control company, licensee, and the date treatment was done.
- You will also find pre-treatment information on this report.